Sunday, January 4, 2015

Crockpot Mac & Cheese




Crockpot Mac & Cheese
Posted on The Blind Lady Cafe's Facebook Page

3 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
12oz. Evaporated Milk
2-1/2 Cups Milk
8oz. Cream Cheese
16oz. uncooked/cooked Elbow Macaroni


Place all the ingredients into the crockpot. Cook on LOW for up to approx 2 1/2 hours (You may use cooked noodles, however decrease cooking time to 1 1/2 - 2 hours). After 2 hours, stir to check for doneness. If sauce is too thick n cheesy you may want to add in some more cooked macaroni and milk to thin out the consistency. Then keep warm until ready to serve. Feeds a family of 6 - approximately

2 comments:

  1. My husband loved this. My son, not so much. He said it needed bacon! I do want to pass along a little advice. Do NOT let this cook for 2 hours without stirring! I went to stir it after just a half hour and the noodles were sticking together. As long as you stir this pretty regularly (especially in the first hour of cooking), it's fine. Since I'm allergic to cow's milk, I'm making another batch for me with soy milk, goat's milk, goat cheese and vegan shredded cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tonight and followed the recipe to the letter. It was the worst thing I have ever cooked. It was like glue. We couldn't eat it. The spoon stood straight up in the pot. I did stir it often.

    ReplyDelete